Whitman-Hanson Regional High School
600 Franklin St.
Whitman, MA 02382
Whitman-Hanson Regional High School provides all students with a high- quality education in order to develop reflective, concerned citizens and contributing members of the global community.
Core Values and Beliefs:
Students learn best when…
- all decisions are made in their best interest.
- provided with a safe, secure, and healthy environment.
- high academic standards provide an opportunity for each student to reach his/her full potential.
- technology is utilized as an essential part of teaching and learning.
- provided with student-centered learning environments where successes and mistakes are valued as part of the learning process.
- personal responsibility and an understanding and respect for others are embraced.
- staff initiative, innovation and professional development are supported.
- the responsibility for education is shared with students, parents, and community.
- broad-based communication and school-family-community partnerships are promoted.
Student Learning Expectations:
- Read, write and communicate effectively.
- Utilize technologies appropriately and effectively.
- Apply critical thinking skills.
- Explore and express ideas creatively.
- Participate in learning both individually and collaboratively.
- Demonstrate personal, social, and civic responsibility.