With a significant weather event approaching, in consultation with our local public safety officials, all Whitman-Hanson schools will be closed tomorrow, Monday, February 8, 2016. This includes all PK-12 classes, all morning, afternoon, and evening activities as well as athletics and building use events.
Our local public safety officials have asked us to remind everyone to be aware of children and adults being outside during this type of storm. A heavy wet snow with winds brings downs trees and wires without notice. There is an increased chance during this storm because many trees are currently top heavy and snow packed.
All meetings will be held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month
Student Council Officer Responsibilities
- Be sure that people are fulfilling their obligations to Student Council (ie: showing up to morning announcements on time, maintaining records, attending all meetings, presenting peers’ ideas to the council, collecting and turning in items collected in homerooms, etc.).
- Ensure that all Student Council homeroom representatives are promoting events/fundraisers and collecting items/money as necessary.
- Submit an agenda for each meeting at least two days prior to Mr. Every or Mr. Merritt.
- Bring all issues and concerns of students to Ms. Wollak (with Vice President).
- Bring all issues and concerns of students to Ms. Wollak (with President).
- Maintain an attractive, informative, and neat Student Council bulletin board in the cafeteria.
- Organize all events to ensure that we have adequate supplies and support (ie: people selling concessions, decorations, setting up areas, etc.)
- Keep up-to-date list of people who are on morning announcements and working at the school store.
- Keep track of money spent and collected for all dances and other fundraisers.
- Keep the school store neat and stocked. Notify Mr. Every or Mr. Merritt if we are running low on supplies or there is a desire to purchase new items.
- Take thorough notes at each meeting.
- Update the Student Council website with all relevant information from the meeting. This should be done the following day.
- Write an article about Student Council goings on for each school newsletter.