PTO Meeting Minutes September 2018
Board Members Present: Erin Smith, Laurie Healey, Lesley Turocy, Dawn Sonia, Jen Spadorica, Marshall Ottina
Faculty/Staff: Dr. Foley,Mrs. Teebaggy
Parent Members: Kristin Casavant, Lynn Crocker, Margaret Sirignano, Kim Sarhanis, Maegan Harden, Kayla Proto, Adriana Beauvais, Amy Markarian, Jen Johansson, Virginia Smith, Michelle MacKenzie, Mariann Lyons, Cheryl Tappa, Marianne Hogan, Becky Simoes, Dawn Graves, Jen LaRosa and Julie McKeon.
· Laurie called the meeting to order (6:02)
· May Financial report and minutes were approved
2) Principal’s Report – Dr. Foley
· New Staff
· New Entrance working well
· Parking lot will be paved eventually
· Added couple of AC units
· Dismissal is going well. Would love the feedback.
· Piloting new math programs Ready Math and Bridges
3) Teachers –Ms Crowley
· Thank you for the lunch provided by PTO.
· Please be patient with the new math program. Questions please email teachers.
4) New Ideas – Marshall Ottina and Laurie Healy
· Room mothers….keep track of supplies for the classroom
· Papa Ginos Night
· Norwell Not Your Average Joes
· Lack of communication with Connolly fun run…not enough time…interested in for next year.
· Student Council how will students be chosen? Can the number of students be increased?
5) Past Fundraisers
· Kindergarten Meet and Greet
· Open house ice cream social
· Teachers welcome back lunch
· Playground equipment
o Dicks Sporting Goods (check it out) Check catalogs used by PE teacher
· Wireless Mike for lunch room and all school meeting
7) Upcoming Events – Laurie Healey
· October 26th Monster Mash
o Really need a fortune teller (maybe a drama student in HS)
o Sign Up Genius coming soon
o Asking the teachers how they feel about face painting
· Basket Raffle
o Letters went home to families
o Nov 15th
o Donation Letters for business please ask (check out sign up genius)
· Dec 3 to 14 donations for food baskets
· Gift Card Fundraiser in Dec
· Holiday Shop Dec 3-7
· Book Fair Jan 28th
· Feb Fun Run
8) Box Tops – Dawn Sonia
· Set up and ready to go, all classrooms have box top parents