Public Records Request
PUBLIC RECORD REQUESTS – RECORDS ACCESS OFFICER (RAO)
In accordance with the amended state public records law, Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016, the Whitman-Hanson Regional School District has designated Mr. George Ferro, Assistant Superintendent, as the person responsible for responding to public records requests.
George Ferro may be contacted at 781-618-7413 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Whitman-Hanson Regional School District Central Administrative Offices are located in the Whitman-Hanson Regional School High School at 600 Franklin Street in Whitman.
The duties of the Records Access Officer are established by statute and include:
- Coordinating Whitman-Hanson Regional School District’s response to public records requests;
- Assisting individuals who seek records to identify the records sought;
- Assisting the custodian of records to preserve public records in accordance with the law;
- Preparing, posting online and periodically updating guidelines to enable the public to make informed public records requests; and
- Documenting, in compliance with c. 66 § 6A(e), specific information about each request made for public records.
Please contact the Records Access Officer in writing regarding public records requests for documents pursuant to A Guide to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, https://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prepdf/guide.pdf as published by William Francis Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth. Records will generally be provided in electronic format within 10 business days barring an exception. In this case the Records Access Officer will contact the requestor with an explanation for the delay and a good faith estimate of any fees that may be charged for the production of the records and a reasonable timeframe for when the records will be provided, which generally will not exceed 25 business days from the initial request. The appointed alternate RAO for the Whitman-Hanson Regional School District is Mr. Jeffrey Szymaniak, Superintendent of Schools.
For questions or more information, please feel free to contact Mr. George Ferro.