Student Council Officer Responsibilities
- Be sure that people are fulfilling their obligations to Student Council (ie: showing up to morning announcements on time, maintaining records, attending all meetings, presenting peers’ ideas to the council, collecting and turning in items collected in homerooms, etc.).
- Ensure that all Student Council homeroom representatives are promoting events/fundraisers and collecting items/money as necessary.
- Submit an agenda for each meeting at least two days prior to Mr. Every or Mr. Merritt.
- Bring all issues and concerns of students to Ms. Wollak (with Vice President).
- Bring all issues and concerns of students to Ms. Wollak (with President).
- Maintain an attractive, informative, and neat Student Council bulletin board in the cafeteria.
- Organize all events to ensure that we have adequate supplies and support (ie: people selling concessions, decorations, setting up areas, etc.)
- Keep up-to-date list of people who are on morning announcements and working at the school store.
- Keep track of money spent and collected for all dances and other fundraisers.
- Keep the school store neat and stocked. Notify Mr. Every or Mr. Merritt if we are running low on supplies or there is a desire to purchase new items.
- Take thorough notes at each meeting.
- Update the Student Council website with all relevant information from the meeting. This should be done the following day.
- Write an article about Student Council goings on for each school newsletter.